WOFAN Group of Schools and ISLAMIYYA – a safe place to learn, play and have fun
As a community, WOFAN Group of school aspires to:
- Promote self-discipline, understanding, empathy, co-operation, perseverance and independence.
- Encourage a culture of high standards, achievements and expectations and aim to develop the full potential of every individual.
- Provide an open, stimulating environment in which every child feels safe, valued and happy.
- Encourage parents and the wider community to take an active interest in the education of all of our children and to feel an ownership of their school.
We believe that:
- Every child brings valuable experience and strength to our school and we build on this by adding value to existing curriculum that is stimulating, accessible, challenging and differentiated to meet the needs of all children.
ARTICLE 1: GOAL & OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHOOL
Our Goal: is to have an inclusive, aspirational learning environment where children, families, staff, governing board and the wider community learn together in an atmosphere of co-operation and tolerance.
The objectives of the school are:
- a) To create an inclusive culture of achievement, high standards and high expectations.
- b) To promote moral, social and cultural development of all of our children and inculcate the culture of self discipline and self reliance.
- c) To enable all children to use language and mathematics effectively.
- d) To work in partnership with parents/caregivers and our immediate and wider community for the greater benefit of all children’s education.
- e) To empower every child to fulfil his/her potential.
ARTICLE 2: SCHOOL POLICIES
At WOFAN Group of Schools, we are committed to equal opportunities in learning and employment for all members of our school community and those receiving services from the school. We promote inclusion and equality and strive to challenge discrimination in all forms
Our policies are committed and put in place
(a) To ensure that the development of all children is supported in ways that foster security, confidence and independence.
(b) To raise the awareness of teachers, non-teaching staff and volunteers of the need to safeguard children and of their responsibilities in identifying and reporting possible cases of abuse.
(c) To confirm the structural procedure to be followed by all members of the school community is cases of suspected harm or abuse.
(d) To emphasis the need for good levels of communication between all members of staff and those with designated responsibility for children protection.
. The following are the categories of our School policy
- Gender Mainstreaming Policy
- Vulnerable Children & Disability Equality Policy
- SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN POLICY
- Social Inclusion statement
- Home work policy
SCHOOL RULES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The School Management shall encourage staff and members to:
- a) Always be kind, honest, helpful, polite and respectful to others.
- b) Always keep themselves and others safe.
- c) Always think before speaking. Bad language, rudeness and name calling are hurtful.
- d) Always avoid trouble. Fighting does not solve problems; all are expected to think before acting and to seek help from a trusted adult or older child if necessary.
- e) Always avoid the act bullying. The school is a bully-free zone. Bullying is totally unacceptable.
- f) Always respect other people’s property and to keep all the school’s toys and learning tools safely
- g) Always look after and care for our school. We keep it tidy and a place that we are all proud of.
- h) Always abide by all school rules and our School Dress Code.
- OUR PLAYGOUND RULES
The pupils are encouraged to:
- (a) Avoid the act of bullying one another. The school is a bully free zone.
- (b) Have fun and play fairly and carefully. We don’t push and shove.
- (c) Take responsibility for their own actions especially if they bump into someone and knock them over.
- (d) Think before we speak. Bad language and rudeness upsets others and isn’t acceptable.
- (e) Put all rubbish in the bins provided.
ORGANIZING THE CHILDREN
(a) pupils are organized into classes that are named
(b) each of the pupils shall be provided with individual personal lockers for their books and meals
(c) children shall have an agreed time for break and shall be supervised by their teachers
(d) Children are organized into an assembly on agreed days for general purpose discussions and activities